Here are some reasons why being single is absolutely fantabulous! They are in the order in which we came up with them and not in the order of importance as that may differ from person to person.
- You are your own person: Your actions, thoughts and beliefs etc are yours alone. What you do, say and think is not affected by another persons opinions or expectations.
- You have more time for yourself: There’s no denying that relationships take up a lot of time and maintaining one in the midst of a busy life just might not allow you time to take any breathers.
- You save a lot of energy: Relationships require a lot of effort; from both sides of course but that doesn’t mean you don’t put in a lot of energy trying keep everything smooth.
- You can focus on what’s more important in your life right now: This is especially true for those who are in the midst of studying or climbing the ladder career wise. Therefore you can work towards your goal with minimal distractions.
- You can use the time to hone yourself into your soulmates dream girl/guy: Just being yourself is good enough for your soulmate (at least that’s what we hope), but if you use the time while you’re single just polishing the edges you’ll be all the more appealing to Mr/Ms.Right
- You don’t have to deal with drama: Drama is an integral part of relationships. No, you can’t argue with that. Anything that involves human emotions is bound to be fraught with drama.
- You don’t have to answer to anyone but yourself: Unless of course we’re talking about authority figures here, then of course it would be advisable to answer any and all questions that may come your way. However it is nice when you can just chill and not have to explain every little thing you do.
- You save a lot of money: Relationships tend to put a dent in your pocket, whether you’re a guy or a girl it doesn’t matter. Having a bit of cash to spare is always a good thing.
- You have more time to make loads of friends: More friends means a greater social circle therefore you are increasing the chances of finding the perfect someone while at the same time having a kickass time meeting new people! 😀
A little note, being in a relationship is great ( We guess…we’re not too sure about that. We’ll let you know once we know for sure :P) but that doesn’t mean you should beat yourself up about being single. Be happy, your relationship status doesn’t matter. (Y)
Rumana and Khila 🙂